Friday, December 3, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

About to be sliced open! The surgery went well. They actually delivered the baby with the amniotic sac in tact (instead of breaking it and sucking the fluid out first). The resident Dr had never seen that and was saying things like,"Oh my God," and "That was the coolest thing I've ever seen." They could see him litterally swimming in the fluid! Right after the popped it, they told us he was a boy! I couldn't believe I was right all along. Colden Micheal ended up being bigger than the ultrasound predicted... 9 lbs, and 21.5 inches long. He was born on Tuesday, November 30th 2010 at 7:55 am. His weight and height fall right in between what his siblings were, so I guess we are pretty consistant. He is so perfect, and has then nicest shapped head!


His first glucose test was low so they had to moniter him a little extra, but he's perfect! (They always moniter larger babies glucose levels at first).


The first time I got to hold my little guy... 8 HOURS after he was born. I had to go to the nursery, and they wouldn't let me get up for that long. Mike has a cold so he doesn't hold the baby too much, but I promise to get some pics of the happy Daddy and baby ASAP!


I fell in love instantly... He is such a cutie... and he's awake a lot! He has such a sweet temperment, and is the best eater out of all 3 kids. I was surprised because he had a bottle first, and I thought that would make nursing harder.


It was so nice to see the kids while I was in the hospital.


My newest little guy!

He's just so snuggly! It was so hard to not have him with me for the first 8 hours while the monitered him. Once I got him, I did not let him go!


Lexie playing with Jason's new train, and her Sing-a-majig in the hospital. They didn't get to meet him the day he was born because he was stuck in the nursery, but they have been really attached to the toys "Cole bought for them."


Lexie has been great around her new baby brother. She is excited and very gentle so far!


Jason was really excited to meet his new brother. He wanted it to be a boy! He was so sweet to him, and thanked him for the new train.


Grandma getting to hold the little guy for the first time :-)

Colden on his way home from the hospital! We got to leave 2 days early! He looked super cute in this outfit. Look at the little shoes! Both of our doctors happened to stop by our room at the same time, and said if I really wanted I could get outa there! I really liked Suburban, but it's so much easier to be home.



4 comments:

  1. Hurray! I am so glad he his here and healthy. He is adorable and looks like he fits right in. I wish I was there to hold him and play with the other two. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh and I love the name. How long did you have it picked out? it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so gorgeous!!! What a beautiful little boy! I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!! He is so cute! And so are you...I can't believe you had a headband in those photos!

    ReplyDelete