Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No more Binky...

Well today is the day. We decided that Jason is much too big to sleep with a binky anymore. Unfortunately he doesn't share our enthusiasm. He has only been able to have it during naptime and bedtime, but he has become quite attached to it. Lately he even asks for it during the day (which is part of the reason we know it is long overdue to dispose of it). If anyone has any advice on how to make this transition easier, we would love to hear it. Poor little guy is crying his eyes out in his little bed. He is calling out B... BEEEE! We feel so terrible for him, but know it is for his own good. Sorry baby boy. Wish us luck!
...Well it only took about 20-30 minutes and he fell asleep without it! Maybe this is it! I thought the transiton to cups from bottles would be difficult, and he never noticed they were gone. I thought he would not transition well into his toddler bed and I was wrong- he loves it, and consequentley is terrified of his old crib now. Maybe I underestimate the little guy? We're keeping our fingers crossed- that he won't be too traumatized!

3 comments:

  1. You could say it is lost or you could say that its for the new baby now. I don't really have any good ideas on this one- Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy! I heard the best way to do it- is just to throw them out- that way neither of you will give in-
    but what do I know- my kido is still little-
    keep us updated

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know my friend Sharon went through this with her two year old not too long ago. They decided to donate the binkies to a children's charity (after they had been sterilized, of course). Ava (her two year old) helped gather up all the binkies and put them in the envelope to mail. After that whenever she asked for a binky her parents reminded her that they went to "the babies" and that they were so proud of her. It worked, because she didn't cry about it after that.

    ReplyDelete